- A+
??,每天5分钟,打破英语听力妨碍!
Unit20 Lincoln's Gettysburg Address
第二十课 林肯盖茨堡讲演词
Fourscore and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation,
8十七年前,咱们的祖先在这块大陆上树立了个新国家,
conceived
in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
这个国家是以安适为理念,并尽力于人生而对等的主张。
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation,or any nation so conceived and so dedicated,can long endure.
如今咱们投身于这场巨大的内战。这个内战在检测这个新国家或是任何一个有相同理念、尽力于相同主张的国家能否耐久存在。
We are met on a great battle field of that war.
咱们
相会于这场战争的巨大战场上。
We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live.
咱们来到这儿,将这战场上的小块土地奉献给那些为国家生计而捐躯的人,以作为他们最终安眠之地。
It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
咱们这样做是非常恰当的,也是大约的。
But in a larger sense we cannot dedicate-we cannot consecrate-we cannot hallow-this ground.
但就广义而言,咱们却无法奉献这块土地,无法把这块土地变得崇高,
The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract.
因为在此奋战过的勇者,不管是生是死,都现已将这块土地变得如此崇高,致使咱们单薄的力气实不能再对它有所扬抑。
The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.
咱们如今在这儿所说的话,世人是不太留心的,过不久都会忘掉,但这些勇者在此曾有的体现世人将水远铭记在心。
It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here
have thus far so nobly advanced.
咱们活着的人,大约在这块土地上牺牲于那些曾被尽力推进却没有结束的作业。
It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us:
咱们真实大约牺牲于这些勇者所留传给咱们的眼前这个巨大使命:
that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion;
这些光彩过世的先烈们曾为国家大业奉献究竟,而咱们则应遵循他们的奉献精力,愈加竭尽全力;
that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain;
咱们决意不计这些先烈白白牺牲;
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom;
在天主的庇佑之下,安适将在我国重生,
and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
而这个民有、民治、民享的政府将永存于世。回来搜狐,查看更多